Thursday 26 February 2015

Not-so Night Market at Ortigas



So last Saturday, my very great friend Faith (who you might know as my genderbend Rei-chan in cosplay!) invited us to this Night Market around our area! It ended up being a really great experience, which I seriously didn't doubt since I was with some of my best friends in the whooooole world. It was just spectacular to catch up with Faith, Kelly and Sam (bff since first grade omg) during our kind of hectic college lives (lol if feels kind of surreal to say that), especially in a fun and artsy environment like this Night Market.



This Night Market actually starts as early as 4pm and ends at Midnight. It's located at United Street near Pioneer and Shaw Blvd. (Philippines). It's held at an open field but all the stalls are set under small white tents while the open space has three hovering tent toppers above. It's really cool watching them float and dance with the wind above your head.
There is also live music performances. When I went, it was around the week of Lunar New Year so there were actually performances including dancing and the Dragon Dances (I was too scared to take a photo of them. I'm sorry HAHA) that paraded around the whole area.


It contains a lot of food and cute stores as well selling things from accessories to make up to paintings to bags and so much more! The price ranges from each item vary among the different stores since some of the goodies are hand-made and sometimes even one of a kind! I was interested in this hyperrealistic handmade brain necklace but it was a little too expensive for me hehehe... I'll save up and go back for it, though!



A fun thing you can try out are the bubbles that they sell! You can create really big bubbles and run around with your friends trying to pop them or trying to create the largest one. This item was super popular around the kids and it was fascinating seeing bubbles float around places. I'll probably give it a shot next time hehe.

I've also been told guards go around and hand out mats you can lay on the ground and use with your friends! Sam brought her own banig that we all fit in so we used that! It gave the super relaxed and hippie vibe - which is honestly, very up my alley, haha!



Here's a couple more photos I took of the night! Including my gorgeous friends (Kelly is a bit camera shy hehe), my outfit for the night, Faith's super cool early birthday present for me (the white, turquoise and black Skull pencil holder ahhh!!!) and my awesome new pastel coloured crystal necklace! I'm so in love with it, I use it to jazz up any of my outfits hehe








I had a tooon of fun with my friends, and I will surely be going back sometime soon! Especially since my house is just a couple stone throws away. I can't wait to bring my family and boyfriend here soon - and also spend time with all my friends in general here! I really love the overall vibe of this place and all the goodies you can get too. If you're looking for a new place to check out, be sure to stop by this market to make your Saturday Night real good~


No comments:

Post a Comment