Sunday 8 March 2015

Toy Review: Sheng Yuan Young Justice, Herd Series


Sorry for not posting last Friday as scheduled! ; 0 ; I was sick and then when I was not sick, there was just so much stuff going on weeeeew but everything's alright now and I will be posting regularly again! But for now, let's get this overdue Toy Review started!


I received this set from Batman himself, Tim G. Villasor, as a birthday present last February 28th! I've been seeing this around forever, but never had a set myself - but I have one now, a complete set at that! So this is from Sheng Yuan, and it's a series of 8 characters from the Young Justice series including: Nightwing, Artemis, Superman, Miss Martian, Superboy, Kid Flash, Robin and Aqualad. Basically everyone is from season 1, except Nightwing who is obviously from Season 2 (which is kind of strange haha, but I am definitely not complaining since I love my Dick Grayson huehue).



This is how every box looks like, let's let the fabulous Nightwing be our model here. It has a big character illustration in front along with the finished product of how the figure is put together and the weapons a character comes with. I like how you can see the end product so you know how it should be looking in the end but I do find the weapons kind of weird. Some of them kind of don't make sense...? Like, Superboy having - what are those? An Erlinmeyer flask and a... faceless head?! I don't know. It was just kind of strange to me but uh, it's nice that there are also little details like that! I wish they had put more relevance in the details though.

The side of the boxes have a small icon of the illustration and the instructions (THANK GOODNESS) on the other side. On the back is a nice group image and a complete list of all the characters you can get out of this series from Sheng Yuan.



I switched to Artemis now to show you the opening of one box, since I knew my older brother wanted to build Dick Grayson. I love Artemis a whole lot anyway. So, all the pieces come in one plastic bag and it's easy to open. No need for scissors. There aren't too many parts and all these parts are pretty small and all characters come with one extra piece: An extra hand.

Sometimes it did get a little confusing because on the instructions, one colour would be kind of different on the instructions compared to the actual colour of the specific part. So it did get confusing. However, the details and sculpting on individual parts are really great! Everything fit together no problem and it was easy to put together.



Here's what I mean by the details being really great! Here is the finished output of Artemis. I really love how she turned out, she's probably my favourite figure out of the whole bunch next to Dick Grayson.

Thanks for staying with me for this toy review! I'll leave you with more photos of everyone else! Here are the other characters from this series! It was a lot of fun building everyone and on my desk, I have Wally, Dick (Robin and Nightwing), and Artemis! Yay!





No comments:

Post a Comment