Thursday 19 February 2015

Contacts Review: Cat's Eye Blue, Kirei Green & Dolly+ Brown


I ordered new contacts and received them a couple days ago! I thought it would be a great time to do a review on some contact lenses, hooray! So let's get on to them.

These contacts are from Japanese Candy Online, a store in the Philippines. It was my first time buying from them and I can say I am more than pleased with their service! The prices were very affordable, especially with their current promo where you can save money if you buy 3 pairs of lenses. I actually bought 4 contact lenses but the fourth contact lense (Cara Anime Fairy Pop Pink) was not currently in stock anymore but they sent in the other 3 contacts upon my request since the others were on-hand. I received them just two days after my request, so it basically just came in a day after the shipped them out - which was so great!! They came in carefully wrapped and packed and were in great condition. They also came with free lense cases and the quality of these lenses are divine. I can't wait to receive my Fairy Pop Pink lenses!



Here are my eyes without any contact lenses on. My eyes are basically brown, bordering on dark brown so sometimes finding lenses are a bit tricky. Like, my black lenses really show the brown of my eyes and in my opinion looks a bit odd, haha.


Oh! And side note: I didn't edit the photos much so I can really show the effect of each of the contact lenses. These photos were taken with natural lighting at around 4:30 - 5pm. Luckily, the sun hadn't set yet, hehe. And also, the contact lenses photographed in their cases show one facing down and the other facing up so you can see both sides of the lenses. It may be hard to tell since none of the lenses have a black or dark backing but the ones on the left are facing down and the ones on the right are facing up. Let's get on with the lenses!

Cat's Eye Blue
Diameter: 14.5mm


These are my favourite contacts in the whooooole bunch so far and probably my new favourite contacts! I'd like to thank the beautiful Kanra for recommending these to me. She uses it for her Princess Anna cosplay and I really love how natural they can look! I've been looking for more natural lenses lately because I much prefer how they look most of the time. Plus, they are incredibly comfy. They're really soft compared to most circle lenses/cosplay lenses.

With a diameter of 14.5, they are a bit smaller than some lenses and don't really give that huuuuge dolly-eyed look but I think that makes this very versatile! They still enlarge the eyes but not too much, so they work for both anime and more western cosplays. Play it on with a bit of make up and these gorgeous blues can really pack a punch!

Kirei Green
Diameter: 14.8mm


I was very excited about these lenses when I saw them in the bottle because they were incredibly vibrant. I was looking for turquoise lenses and according to the site's model images, these would have come out very turquoise. However, once I tired them on I would have liked them a lot more vibrant since I was really looking for in-your-face turquoise contact lenses that give that dolly effect. They are still very comfortable and I think with a little aided help on photoshop and other image editors, they can work out fine.

The deep, dark ring around the edges really help with that dolly look. I still think they look very cute and give off an interesting teal colour but if you were looking for a brighter and more intense turquoise like I was, I wouldn't recommend this. Still super cute, comfy and great! I really love the yellow nearest the pupils as well.

Dolly+ Brown
Diameter: 14.8mm


I am also very happy with these lenses! I've always had trouble with brown lenses because I really try to find something that make my eyes appear more in-your-face brown in photos and in person and before finding these babies, nothing really worked. These do appear more yellowish, especially up close but I definitely like the difference of colour and I think if it is done right, with cosplay make up and things like that - they will really look great!

I also love the size of these. They are only 14.8mm but they weren't kidding when they say they give a 16mm diameter illusion! Additionally, these are from the Dolly+ series. Basically, they are bigger versions of the Dolly series. I am a loyal follower to the vibrance of the Dolly series lenses but sometimes the harsh lines with its size kind of give that creepy feel. Here's a photo that might help to show comparison below: Dolly+ Brown Lenses vs. Dolly Blue Lenses


They both still give the same quality and intensity of colour which I love! Also, just to further explain my struggle with brown lenses and how happy I am with these Dolly+ Lenses, here is a comparison with the brown lenses I bought sometime last year. I believe these are the Pearl Plus Brown lenses. They share the exact same colour as my own eyes so other than enlarging them slightly, they don't really do much - unlike the Dolly+ lenses!


I still like the natural color the PEarl Plus lenses give,  but I think the Dolly+ lenses will work much better for cosplay!

Can you guess what characters I'll be using these lenses for? The Kirei Green and Dolly+ Brown are for new characters hehehehe I'll be back for my review on the Cara Anime Fairy PopPink lenses once I receive them. See you next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment