Tuesday 17 February 2015

Scheduling


I've always been a fan of planners while I was in grade school and high school but I honestly didn't really find the need to have one while I started in college since the work load was so different, like it basically declined drastically and I found myself not writing anything into my planner ever if I had one.

However, now, with a lot of opportunities coming in my life, one way that I found that kept everything together was scheduling again. It just keeps me on track despite the many different aspects of my life that are continuously surprising me: cosplay, art, blogging, school, family, friends and events.


This is the planner I use in 2015. It is a bit smaller than most notebooks, so it's very easy to carry around and it has no planned out dates, so it is very flexible. I got it for very cheap at the department store and a big bonus was how cute the peach dog was hehehe

I make sure I write deadlines, due dates, home works, things to do at home and all that good stuff for each and every day. It also reminds me a lot of what I've done in the past days and things like that since I always tend to forget what I've done in the past weeks. So even if I don't write it ahead of time, sometimes at the end of the day - I write what I've done for that day, even if it's just writing "Took a six hour nap today. Whoops." (true story hahaha)

Sadly, as much as I would like to be, I'm not exactly the most diligent with writing into my planner. I only open it every other night or when I am in school, which is only thrice a week. So - to solve that, I placed a weekly schedule on something I open daily: my laptop.


This is what my laptop opens to currently. Thanks to Kyrie from Deviantart for my gorgeous wallpaper, check her out on her page: http://kyrie0201.deviantart.com/ ! Anyway, I have a sticky note up there that basically saves my life nowadays and keeps me productive. It shows what I constantly aim to do everyday of the week:


For all the work I do now, I basically rely on myself for all sorts of progress. Like, I have to set my own deadlines and schedules and things like that. I have to be productive on my own - and sometimes, that's really hard because I am a very lazy person. However, with this constant reminder staring into my face all the time, I try my best to accomplish things from each of the things listed for each day. As you can see, it's just general things to do: nothing super specific at all because you'll never know what life throws at you. So, it's still very flexible but as long as I do something related to cosplay progress for example, then it works out.

This has been taking effect lately and I can say things are going well! Only with a couple setbacks such as no material for cosplay progress (huhu, I ran out of adhesive) and my 6 hour nap today that got me doing nothing (obviously) - but, other than that, I have found myself to be a lot more productive lately, yay!

Also, if you've noticed my blogging schedule is actually on Fridays - and that will start this week! I promise!! Hahahah, I just wanted to make a post about scheduling today and update you with my new blog schedule: Every Friday, expect a new blog post! 

I am a very lazy person. If you are too, then I suggest trying a weekly schedule too! It really helps keep the productivity levels on point, huehuehue.

No comments:

Post a Comment