Wednesday 7 January 2015

Welcome to my blog!! (ฅ^・ω・^ ฅ)

Hello ! n w n)/

Welcome to my very first and brand new blog, The Dorky Din!! Wahooo!! Writing this first post actually makes me very nervous, to be quite honest. Hahahaha! Oh well, let's get onto this introductory post and all my blabbing! It probably won't be too scary once I get started hehe

Before anything, if you're reading this now - a big, warm thanks to you! I actually really like to write and sharing it with people is nerve-wracking but it does make me happy as another way to communicate with others and express myself! I hope that this blog's content can spark your interest as it progresses and perhaps, even entertain you! (As long as I can keep myself committed to this and post regularly lol)

Compilation of the Cosplays I had accomplished in 2014
Taken from my FB Page (Poor Quality huhu)

The year 2014 was an incredible and wonderful year for me full of magic and opportunities I had never thought would ever be possible. That year was actually, what I felt, kind of a very empowering and revitalising year. I faced a pretty terrifying health issue during the second half of 2013 and I was completely cleared off from it last year. It felt like a complete second chance in life that I could not be more thankful for. I saw life a little more differently. I really began to not take things for granted and as superficial or not-exactly-too-deep as it sounds, yolo'd life more. This definitely affected how the year turned out: I got closer to my family (As if it were even possible, haha. We're pretty tight to begin with and when I say pretty, I mean: incredibly.) and friends, got into my first relationship (never saw it coming but extremely happy and magical), challenged myself with new things, started college with a fresh and more responsible outlook, and got out of my comfort zone.

As the year was ending, I couldn't wrap my mind around how on earth 2015 could get better. It probably didn't help that I wished so hard for it to get better without actually giving it any thought on any ways how it can. Nor how the first few days of my 2015 were spent in a blanket burrito due to feeling very under the weather. However, as I lazily watched youtube videos while I was sick, I realised something when I watched Wengie's end of 2014 video wrap-up on her Youtube Channel (check her out! This super cutie is amazing, by the way). This year could only get better if I let it. With how my life was currently (and much to my surprise) carving its own path, I really had to take control if I wanted things to continue to be great. Plus, my boyfriend asked me about New Year's resolutions and I realised I had never really made any. It was about time I did, though.

Hence, this blog was created.
The Dorky Din is one of my new year's resolutions - and personally the one I really hope I can stick with and be committed to. It's one of my ways to communicate with myself and with others more. As well as let out one of my hobbies that I left in high school, which is writing. This writing hobby is very evident on my Facebook page, where I make very long posts - another reason why I decided to make a blog, I just get too wordy there sometimes. I'd prefer to keep things short and sweet there if I could, haha. Additionally, I want to take more photographs - decent ones from an actual camera, that capture moments of my life that I never want to forget. (In fact, my mom constantly scolds me that I never take enough photos when I'm out or when I'm with my friends and stuff. I'm very fond of happy memories, so I really should. Thanks, mom.)

Of course, I have other resolutions alongside this including setting up and managing a print store (for both art and cosplay), some partnerships, create more time-consuming and larger art pieces (my last not rushed, effort-full art work was in 2010) and, releasing a web comic! I don't know if I can accomplish all of these, but I definitely wish I can! Hehe.

So yeah, I guess that wraps it up. As you can see, I am an incredibly wordy person despite rambling about rather mundane things. I'm not very good with word limits nor typos, haha! I'll be adding more content to this blog as it progresses, including some organisation with posts. I'm very excited to get this going - I hope you are too! Goodbye for now, 'till the next post!


First post of 2015 on Instagram to end this blab 
huehuehue k bye wahhh //nervous 5eva
\ ( ; A ; \ )

3 comments:

  1. woah! your blog was so cute! looking forward for more updates about you!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks so much you're too kind huhu <3 Hope you like my blog's content as it progresses hehe

      Delete
  2. Hi! I've been seeing your cosplays and artwork and they're great. Good job on starting your blog.

    By the way, it's Nate, who runs "A Metro Manila Guy's Blog" though I changed my blog name already. (been a while since I updated... not sure if I'm going to soon...) :)

    Hope to see you and everyone else in the future, though that's most likely gonna be a long time from now...

    Ciao! :) ^_^

    ReplyDelete