Sunday 18 January 2015

The first new's of 2015


I must still find a way to have the ability of making decent blog titles for mundane days. If you know the secret to mastering this skill, please share it with me! Teach me your ways huhuhuhu

I've been wondering for a while what I could start blogging about - and I'm honestly still trying to get the hang of this whole system but I knew I wanted to blog about some of the mundane days of my life. I never knew when I would start but as I was going through my morning of January the sixteenth, it just hit me that I could start any time! So, I did. This day, I had a couple new things that I tried out. It was both pretty neat!

In the morning, my brother and I worked on a commission we got. I got it through an Aunt who asked me if I could make a costume for her daughter's birthday party. I usually host children's parties and being commissioned into making a child's costume is new for me but it was fun to make this! This was a tutu and guitar combo for the celebrant. It is to be paired with a rockstar-style shirt and tights but she wanted a custom tutu and guitar in her favourite colour: Purple, accompanied by black and white.


Initially, I was very confused when she said she wanted to be a rockstar because I didn't know what kind of Rockstar she wanted to be. I wasn't sure what the image of a "rockstar" was to a seven year old these days. Was it the glam-rock look of Kiss? Or was it a punk-rock princess look like Avril Lavigne? Or was I just missing the whole concept all together? Luckily, a couple weeks before I got started, they sent me a reference image from the internet of a young girl in a black and hot pink outfit with a tutu and guitar. Rockstar Princess it was.

Just as they had asked, we followed the reference image as a guide - creating a knee-length tutu and an electric guitar. It took my brother and I about two and a half days to complete everything. I started with the tutu while my brother began constructing the guitar.


For the tutu, I used three different types of tulle fabric in four different colours and a ribbon. This was a no-sew tutu and didn't take me long to finish at all. I decided to use different textures to make the tutu more playful. The stiffer tulle in deep purple really gave this sort of edge-y vibe while it stood amongst the softer white and black tulle. Plus, the lighter purple tulle fabric I had gotten was very delicate. So delicate that when I cut it into strips, the edges were quite jagged - which honestly, worked out really well because it sold more on the rockstar aura of the outfit. I later added rhinestones to the skirt to complete the look, with the help of my boyfriend who assisted me in putting them on (we have hot glue gun burn stories to prove it!). I just wanted to give it a girlier feel while at the same time, matching it wight he guitar which I originally planned to bedazzle.


As for the guitar, my brother did the main contraction of the base of the guitar using rubber sheet. We knew we had to use lightweight materials since a child was going to be carrying this around. I mixed up a purple colour out of the acrylic paint we had lying around then my brother painted it (He's a far better painter than I am). Meanwhile, I gave details to the guitar by hand painting/markering(? I used markers not paint lol) each of the pink and purple crystals and sticking them on to design the guitar. I also used nail polish to add some more sparkle with some of my metallic and gemstone shaded purple polishes and clear glitter. This guitar was truly a team effort from the Grayson siblings and we honestly enjoyed making it.


We actually worked on the project in separate days since we were both busy with other things but most of the completion of this project was done on the morning of the day of the pick up, January 16th. This is how our workspace, aka: my room, looked like after finishing the project completely. Whoops!


I actually didn't have that much sleep the night before since I stayed up pretty late with my boyfriend so right after cleaning up my room. I had some lunch and then I fixed my stuff for my plans later in the day and completely crashed.

On a short side note, if you know me well and even if you don't actually, you'll know that I have a HUGE weakness for plushies and that my best friend if my stuffed Pikachu, Sischu. On my bed, currently, I have about ten friends lying about day and night. However, I find it very amusing that whenever my bed is made, this is how they are arranged through out the day:

Yes indeed, Sischu has her own throne.

It looks much messier of course when I am asleep. Speaking of sleep, let's get back to my adventures of last Friday. So, I was in a quite a deep sleep until I was shaken awake by my mom telling me that my boyfriend had been waiting at the lobby of where I live for fifteen minutes now and that he had to text her to ask me to go down (thank goodness he thought that I was asleep... because I was). Luckily, I had prepared all my things before falling asleep so all I had to do was put on some shoes and go. Which I did, very quickly but very sleepily, Hahaha.

This brings me to something VERY NEW that I did this 2015. I went jogging. As in exercising. Yes, exercising. Now, this isn't really new to some people. Especially people like my boyfriend who work out regularly and/or is an athlete - or basically, anyone who isn't a hermit like me, and a lazy one at that. I have never jogged or exercised before. I mean, sometimes I play tennis and I go surfing but that's literally done in between intervals of months and sometimes even a year. It's just not something I do. The most of a "work out" that I get is when I wear heels for a cosplay in conventions or when I play video games. Yeah.


Though, I must say, I did have a very good time. As cheesy as it sounds, it might have been because I was with my boyfriend and every time with him is an incredible time but if I had gone with anyone else or alone, I wouldn't have done what I did anyway so I do owe it to my baemax. We drove up to BGC, parked and started our adventure.

He was a very good fitness mentor. He taught me the right way to jog and move in general. He even checked on my heart rate when we would take a break and walk for a while before jogging again. Plus, he made sure we stretched very well before and after the run (which is super important!!) and we also walked for warm-up and cool-down! He made jogging - which I usually see as a nightmare since I have a low stamina - a very pleasant experience.  His constant support really made me feel like I could do it even though my lungs and my legs and every inch of my body wanted to give up. At our last leg, he even ran backwards and kept encouraging me to come after him and finish. In fact, he really slowed down his pace for me the entire time and made sure to ask me before we would speed up the pace or not to see if I could do it. This is what I incredibly appreciate because I know how fit he is and how used to jogging he is but he really made sure that I was alright and well, it was just very thoughtful. I honestly could not have done this without him.

In fact, he invited me to go jogging because he was concerned for my health since I have been getting sick quite often nowadays and I honestly don't really go out and exercise at all. I should be exercising, to help make my body stronger and fight off the sicknesses that could attack me but I have no motivation whatsoever to do so until of course, he invited me. Come on, how could I say no? He always adjusts to things I like to do and stuff, so I just wanted to do the same! And I knew this would really benefit me. Plus, I didn't doubt that I would have a great time even if I did give up or not.


BUT HEY LOOK I DIDN'T GIVE UP AND SURVIVED! YAY!! I ended up jogging for about half an hour, covering the distance of about 3 kilometres. This probably isn't anything to other people, but for someone who doesn't leave her bed until she absolutely has to (which can sometimes be never) I am quite proud of myself! In fact, my boyfriend said he expected a lot less from me and didn't expect me to make it that far. I don't blame him, I didn't think I could either. It was really smart of him not to tell me the time and the distance covered even when I asked.

After that, we had dinner and ate pizza, salad and mozzarella sticks which all tasted a thousand times better after exercising. I will give exercising that: food definitely tastes better after a very tiring run. I don't exactly know if I will be doing this again. I would like to think I am up for it but after three days my legs still kind of hurt. Yikes. Though, I'm probably going to be going with baemax again if I'll be jogging again so this will probably happen. Not going to pass up an opportunity to hang with the bae huehuehue 


So, there we have it. Two new things I've tried in the new year. I really hope I can continue both commissioning and exercising to be honest but I'm quite terrible with keeping up with newly tried out things so we'll see about that. Here's to more new adventures this coming year!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great start for the new year Sissy! *glomp* Having a guardian angel to motivate you is really important when starting an activity you wanna keep doing physically. Keep it up~! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you katz!! Hehe so true. Very excited to keep trying new things!

      Delete