Tuesday 13 January 2015

New Look 2015 + Rin Matsuoka & Kairi Make Up Trials !!


Whoopsies! Sorry for not starting this blog right by not updating - I got pretty sick with an Intestinal Flu for the second week of 2015 and really couldn't do anything but stay in bed and rest up. However, I am all better now and I am back in school, doing some crafts and did something I really wanted to do during the start of the year! Which was: get a new look.

I don't know, part of me just wanted a change and I got my hair cut into a fringe and with layers which isn't exactly new to me, but I've gone without them for quite a while and thought it would be pretty cool to get them back. I had my hair cut about a week and a half ago, and earlier this afternoon I went to get my hair dyed! Hooray! I actually wanted to do the dyeing myself but my inspiration was Kairi from Kingdom Hearts and I am no good with getting an even bleach job done on my own hair (which actually turns out pretty great. Really cool effect but just not what I was going for). Both cut/styling and colouring was done at the Hairshaft Salon, Podium which is literally the only salon that I've trusted my hair with for the past five years. Hairstylists Fred was the one who cut my hair whereas Miguel was the one who coloured it. Here's a photo with me and Miguel earlier today from his instagram!




 Anyway, as I mentioned, Kairi from Kingdom Hearts (II, specifically) was a huuuge inspiration for this hairstyle of choice. I actually plan to use my own hair, as semi-natural as it is, for cosplays! This of course will be Kairi and additionally, the gay swimming Shark: Rin Matsuoka!! So, I got really excited and decided to do some quick make up tests the moment I got home for both characters! You can see how it turned out in the first photo above, but here are some more photos showcasing what I've done!

KAIRI (KINGDOM HEARTS II)



For Kairi, I put very little make up. Mostly because I was quite lost on what I was doing to be honest hahaha I just wanted it to be very quick as I was kind of excited to do Rin, hehe. So, I did what I had done with my Yuffie Kisaragi make up - which was just making sure my skin looked like CG perfection when it isn't and define my eyes a bit more with some eyeliner. I skipped out on false lashes for once only because I was too lazy to put them on. I'll be sure to add natural ones when I cosplay her for real. I also wore my the lenses that I used for my Ryuko Matoi cosplay, which is a pair of blue-grey lenses I got from EyeCandy Shoppe (I  don't recall the name of it right now, but if you're interested please comment below and I can look for it! I'll eve leave a link to them). They aren't the right colour but it was the closest thing I had at the moment.

I also did not want to put any product on my hair, as after dyeing you can't exactly wash it for a while - especially with a shade like red that bleeds quite a lot. So, I just tried my best to fix and place my hair just like hers.  I had parted the hair on the same side in real life but the images are flipped as I realised just now, haha! This is the only consequence of taking phone selfies hahahaha



Since I haven't made Kairi's costume yet and realised I had so little Kingdom Hearts merchandise (sobs a thousand rivers), I knew I just had to bring in some Disney for some sillier, out of character selfies! Haha! I also found my Heartless hat thing, thank goodness! I'm so glad I've never lost this cute little head accessory, hehe.

RIN MATSUOKA (FREE!)


Moving on to Rin Matsuoka, Samezuka's shark-hybrid Team Captain!! Hehe. As this was a quick Make up test, unfortunately I did not have any time to grow any shark teeth, grr. However, I did try to incorporate the sharkiness with my shark tank top! It's one of my favourites and it really reminds me of Rin, not only because of the shark but because it is a black tank top - we all know how much Rin and Momo loves those. I believe I got it from Forever 21 eons ago when I would still go to that store, lol. I am also wearing Pearl Red Contact Lenses of the Crystal Lenses series from GWYShop, but unfortunately since the skies got darker by this time, it was a little bit difficult for the red to show.

Doing crossplay make up is quite nerve wracking for me. I feel like I have very feminine features and portraying boys is quite difficult. I am also not too confident with how I handle make up as to making myself look like an anime boy yet, but I hope this at least gives the idea of Rin! Hehe I contoured my face, concealed my lips and did some eyeliner work to try and imitate Rin's eye shape. I think it still needs some work.


More sharks! Meet Sharky, my little furry Shark-ball who is the cutest thing ever. I love him very much and I am so sure he loves me very much too (do not listen to anything my Baemax says otherwise huehuehue love u bae). I really do love sharks, ever since before, despite having a fish phobia. I think this made me like Rin at the beginning but as the seasons progressed and we all witnessed this big shark actually turning out to be the biggest sweetheart ever, I knew I grew to love his character very much. Hihi~



Anyway, that's it for today! I just removed all the make up off my face and I'm ready to sleep.... just kidding it's only 7:30pm! I've got some things I have to do now for school and a kid's birthday party hehe. Good night and my apologies again for not updating this as frequently as I hoped! I'll try to do better hehehe, see you next time! (Sischu says hello and good bye.)


2 comments:

  1. woah! you're really cuuuute in every way!!! <3 no doubt your cosplays was perfect!!!! im really looking forward for more of your blog posts to get to know you more ^_^ keep it up!!!! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahhh thanks so much, you're too sweet!!! I'm exceed to blog more hehehe thanks so much for the support!! I hope I deliver HAHAHA

      Delete